I worked a lot on the code lately so I didn’t have any visual update to post. However, I just finish the power-up system! A thing that would have take 2 hours to make in a modern game engine, took 20 hours!!! I had to manage memory issue, global variable madness and MMC3 banking extravaganza!…
So far, the intro story was just a boring scrolling text so I decided to make some cutscenes. It turned out very well. The text is still a work in progress. I usually speak french, so I will need a wordsmith to revise all the text in the game. Enjoy!
Title screen done! Meet Kharzoid, the evil necromant. This badboy takes a full 4k of background tile, but I think it’s worth it
Here’s some gameplay with 4 paddles. I added temporary music from “The Immortal”, that’s the kind of ambiance I will go for.
Here is some early concept art for my arkanoidvania.